Monday, March 07, 2005
A dilemma that I've been mulling over recently...
- An election is going to happen.
- As I am 18, I will be voting in this election
- In the area that I live, Labour beat the Tories last election by only 1%
- I don't want the Tories to get in (due, mainly to their shocking immigration policy - I quote from their website "We will pull out of the 1951 Refugee Convention and enter reservations against the relevant parts of the European Convention on Human Rights", thereby removing from us the responsibility to take in any genuine refugee
- As a member of the Liberal Democrat Party, I should vote for them
- I feel that it would be better for Labour to get in again (even though I wasn't in favour of the war) than for the Tories to.
- So, I could;
- Vote Lib Dem, and hope that people from the other two parties will be attracted
- Or, vote Labour, in order to keep the Tories out.
Godness, what should I do?